• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
I think top 5 would be like this

Spidey
NBA 2k19
AC
Mario party
FH4

What do you guys think?

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Right.. as usual:

Switch: 1
3DS: 0.31
PS4: 1.63
XBox: 0.68
Other: 1

YoY:
Switch: -16%
3DS: -49%
PS4: +42%
XBox: -3%
Other: -59%

Software side (physical only), Spiderman came out as the top selling software by a mile, followed by NBA 2K19 and Super Mario Party.

I think PS4 did about 426k since wasn't it around 300k last September pretty great numbers?
Switch should be around 260k so ok performance

Freaking crazy. Really just shows what a good exclusive can do to sales.

Also Spider-man crushing NBA!? Wth is with that

Oct 25, 2017
Let's Go seems like the more casual Pokémon title while the Switch audience is still fairly core. Seems like if Let's Go was later on in the gen, it would do much better.

El Manco

Oct 28, 2017
Something like this:
PS4: ~419K
NSW: ~260K
XB1: ~175K

I used this data for September 2017:
PS4: 295K
SWI: 310K
XB1: 180K

It matches quite OK with data for YoY changes and 2018 ratios.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Since we only have a #1 predictor and the ratio's don't match exactly with YOY increses

PS4: ~425K
3DS: ~81K

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Since we only have a #1 predictor and the ratio's don't match exactly with YOY increses

PS4: ~425K
3DS: ~81K

Thanks. So PS4 almost did get 50% share of the console market and that's with PRO shortages. Also I guess it wasn't impossible for Switch sales to be down from last year.

Oct 27, 2017
Rdr2 bundle will be huge!

Could have been with a PS4 normal bundle, but as expected the PS4 Pro bundle (the only one announced for the US) was sold out on Amazon after a few days. I guess it's the same everywhere ?

Right now, Sony has entered into the Q4 war without any bundle, I don't think it ever happened in previous years.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. So PS4 almost did get 50% share of the console market and that's with PRO shortages. Also I guess it wasn't impossible for Switch sales to be down from last year.

In a MoM basis ?

It was pretty expected, September was the end of the shortages last year and they didnt have any impactful games in August/September.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly surprised all around.

PS4 had a huge month thanks to Spider-Man. Unbelievable it hit over 400K.

Xbox One finally has a month down YOY. Besides bundles there really wasn't much this year compared to Destiny 2 but I thought it could at least sell more than 180K.

Switch also down YOY, and the weekly average is basically flat from August.

PS4 for sure will sell over 5M this year, hell it could sell more than 2017!

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Been looking for the April results but could not find them. Does anyone have them as it would be interesting to compare Spider-Man to GOW?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
PS4 being big was expected. Xbox though is mildly disappointing. Slightly down YoY and down ~100k from 2015 meaning it's falling behind best year pace. Plus, that's just low for a September which should be a big month, also being 5 weeks. That will also place it basically tied with 2017 as Xbox's worst September (actual worst since it was down 4%).

No real explanation for why Xbox has been up YoY and now not *shrug*. They need a price cut on Xbox One X IMO...

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 being big was expected. Xbox though is mildly disappointing. Slightly down YoY and down ~100k from 2015 meaning it's falling behind best year pace. Plus, that's just low for a September which should be a big month, also being 5 weeks. That will also place it basically tied with 2017 as Xbox's worst September (actual worst since it was down 4%).

No real explanation for why Xbox has been up YoY and now not *shrug*. They need a price cut on Xbox One X IMO...
2017 September was 5 weeks too so i think Xbox is doing alright.
As One X price cut, i'm sure they will do it, i mean, it's getting close to holiday time lol.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah a few thoughts

PS4 hardware is unbelievable really. As I had noted Spidey was pushing a serious amount of hardware out the door and was a legit system seller. Very impressive for a title to be able to accomplish something like that this late in a generation

Xbox performance is poor. No real way to slice it other than that. Especially disappointing as its had a great 2018 up until this point. Let's hope it can have a strong Holiday

Told ya'll Super Mario Party is performing VERY strongly

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 hardware is unbelievable really. As I had noted Spidey was pushing a serious amount of hardware out the door and was a legit system seller. Very impressive for a title to be able to accomplish something like that this late in a generation

Think Spidey and GOW show that a big exclusive can still move hardware late in the game along with the mid gen refresh .

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spidey crushed it :)

Totally deserved for my 2018 goty.

Bring on the dlc!

Now what's interesting is that, like some Nintendo titles, I could totally see both GoW but particularly Spider-Man being evergreen titles that continue pushing PS4 sales, particularly during the Holiday period.
RDR2 marketing won't hurt one bit either, for sure.

Still expecting a $199 period around BF, and a well priced bundle in December (HZD/ SotC?).
I didn't see the now traditional COD bundle announced yet though?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So yeah a few thoughts

Xbox performance is poor. No real way to slice it other than that. Especially disappointing as its had a great 2018 up until this point. Let's hope it can have a strong Holiday

Told ya'll Super Mario Party is performing VERY strongly

I only doubted you for a little bit there lol.

But seriously as I said before well done.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yep that's an amazing month for the PS4. And with the comments on Spidey.. wow..

Expected a higher number for the Switch but still above the ~250k number that I guessed was the lowest possible :P
Xbox.. meh?

Interesting to see SMP so high on the physical only list with such few days tracked. Wonder if Nintendo will spill the beans about early performance for it in their briefing in 10 days or when ever it is.

Tomb Raider... that's too bad :S

On to October, which is going to be very interesting. So many bundles...